Friday 21 October 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - SHANNON DERMOTT







1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
 
My name is Shannon Dermott. I was born and raised in the United States. I’ve lived all over the states. I currently reside on the east coast in a suburb outside of Washington, DC. 

2. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be? 
I loved telling stories to my friends while growing up. I never imagined myself as an author until I completed my first novel. I wanted to be a psychiatrist of all things. 

3. When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"? 

I considered myself an author when my first novel was completed, published and I received my first review. 

4. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
Beg for Mercy is a YA paranormal novel about a girl whose life gets extremely complicated after her first kiss. 

5. What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
I am about halfway complete with the second book in the series surrounding Mercy. I am in the last stage of editing a novel I wrote before Beg for Mercy, called Remember. They are both young adult paranormal romance novels. I do have two other adult paranormal romance books in the works. 

6. Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them? 
Yes, I have a first reader who read through both Beg for Mercy and Remember. But she is in her final year in school. Her time as expected has become extremely limited. So, I actually just reached out to a fan to become my new first reader. I might reach out to another. Two is always better than one. 

7. Do you gift books to readers to do reviews? 

Yes, I gift books out for reviews. I love book bloggers like yourself. It is important to have someone review the book who loves to read. I think book lovers have the most creditability for potential readers. 

8. Do you read all the reviews of your book/books? 
Yes, so far. I was warned not too. But I think there is much to learn from the actual reader. 

9. What do you do to unwind and relax? 

Simply stated, I read. 

10. Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..") 
There is a moral of the story for the series Beg for Mercy. I won’t reveal what it is but let the readers decide. This first book is a set up for the entire series. Most of the characters that will be seen in future books have been introduced even in small ways in this book along with hints of future plots. 

11. Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback? 
I like books in general. I love to read, but it hard to do so with trying to write. So generally these days, I listen to audio books in the car or doing task around the house when I can. I just don’t get enough chances to read physical books these days. 


Where can readers follow you? 


Your web site ? www.shannondermott.com 
Your facebook page? www.facebook.com/pages/shannon-dermott 
Your Goodreads author page?http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/512...
Your Twitter details? @shannondermott 





Thank you for taking the time to do this interview for my blog Shannon, I look forward to reading your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment