Monday 2 January 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - LIZZY FORD



  1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Lizzy Ford.  I was born in Ohio and now live in Arizona with my husband and our pets!
  1. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
Yes, I always knew I wanted to be a writer, but it took me a very long time to get to this point.  I became a full time writer this fall, and I’m thrilled to be able to write for a living.
  1. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
I just published my first young adult fantasy, entitled, “Elle’s Journey” ( Book I, The Foretold Trilogy.)  I’ve published nine other books this year, mainly paranormal romance, which includes the War of Gods series. 
The "War of Gods" series by Lizzy Ford is a paranormal romance series depicting the ongoing struggle between good and evil - and the immortals and their human mates who are caugt in the middle. The first book, "Damian's Oracle" (released October 2011) is the story of the White God and his Oracle, the cool beauty, Sofia. The second book, "Damian's Assassin," (released November 2011) is about the White God's assassin and the woman who heals his heart and body. The third book will be released 02 Dec and tells the tale of the White God's chief immortal and the mysterious, beautiful Magician he risks his life to save.
  1. How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
I write and publish a new book every 30-45 days, which has earned me the title of freak-of-nature among my colleagues!
  1. What can we expect from you in the future? ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I have a full schedule for 2012 already!  Here’s a peek:

Paranormal romances
Rebel Heart (single-title) – Jan/Feb
Rhyn’s Redemption (Book 3, Rhyn Trilogy) – March
The Grey God (Book 4, War of Gods) – May
Kiera’s Sun (sequel to Kiera’s Moon) – July
Xander’s Chance (Book 1, Original Beings Trilogy – War of Gods spinoff) – Aug
Gabriel’s Hope (Book 4, Rhyn Trilogy) – October
Untitled single-title
Young Adult fantasy
Shadow Rising (Book 2, Foretold Trilogy) – June
Untitled (Book 1, Witchling Trilogy)
Undetermined

Plus a few novellas and short stories!


  1. What genre would you place your books into?
I’ve written mainly (sweet) paranormal romance, one contemporary romance, one young adult fantasy, and a couple of fantasy romances.
  1. Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?
I work with a freelance book editor, who reads and edits everything before I publish!  I’m working on setting up a small group of beta readers for 2012 as well.
  1. How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books? Who designed the Cover of your books?
I work with a freelance graphics artist to design my book covers, buttons for my website, and other promotional material.
  1. What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
“Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.  I absolutely love Austen’s portrayal of flawed characters!  And, I love the story, too! I read it at least once a year and watch the 1996 BBC movie a couple times a year.  LOVE this book!
  1. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I’m currently reading “Consumed” by Julia Crane.  It’s the final book in her Keegan’s Chronicles series.  I’ve loved this trilogy.  It’s young adult paranormal romance about an elf-girl’s coming of age. Julia’s storylines are always so creative!
  1. What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Keep writing.  It takes both talent and will to make it in this industry.  Whether you self-publish or have a traditional publisher, you will find that the most time-consuming and crucial step (post-publishing) is marketing.  So, plan well how to tackle marketing your book and learn how to balance writing and promoting.
Where can readers follow you?

Website: http://www.guerrillawordfare.com/

I also help manage a Facebook page called Ebook Deals of the Day (UK) that features cheap/free Kindle ebooks for UK readers. http://www.facebook.com/#!/EbookDealoftheDayUK


1 comment:

  1. Great interview! By the way, I found your link on BookBlogs and am now a follower. :) I hope you will consider following my blog - right now I am giving away both of my eBooks for FREE! http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-my-birthday-month.html

    ReplyDelete