Sunday 28 October 2012

WITHIN THE SHADOWS (A SHADOW WORLD NOVEL) BY J.A. LYNCH

ASIN/ISBN: B008MZJB3W
Publisher: Vamptasy Publising
Pages: 205
Formats Available: Kindle E-book. Paperback.

BLURB from Goodreads
Living on the razors edge, Giselle Burgman's life is torn apart by her cheating boyfriend. Little does she realise that he is the least of her worries when her long term friend Alex introduces her to his family and a new, darker world. A world of lies, deceit and corruption. Thrown from one problem straight into another, the razors edge gets thinner and sharper, testing Giselle's sanity and vitality. Not even she can hide when living within the shadows.

MY REVIEW

I downloaded this one when it was FREE on Amazon! I do talk to the lovely author Julieanne on facebook and thought it about time I read and reviewed one of her books. I do wish to state that just because I speak to this author online, this has in no way affected my review. My review is my totally honest opinion.
The cover gives off a haunting feeling to me and I would say the woman on the cover is of course Giselle. I like the cover as to me it represents a scene or two from within the book.
I really enjoyed the book, at 205 pages it is quite short. I am hoping that this book is the promising beginning of possibly really great series. This story is a dark tale full of mystery.
Giselle discover that her boyfriend Marc as slept with one of the "school tarts"Evie, as she, Giselle herself is not ready to take the next step in their relationship. Giselle is given a tape showing Marc and Evie in their "throes of passion". Giselle is devastated that Marc has betrayed her in this way. The broken hearted Giselle turns to her closest friend Alex. Alex is always there for her and when he suggests seeking the ultimate revenge on Marc and Evie, Giselle is easily convinced. 
So on the night of the big Prom, Marc and Giselle are crowned King and Queen. then Giselle puts the tape on and shows everyone exactly what Marc and Evie have been up to.
Giselle runs out of the hall and straight into imminent danger. Giselle's life is about to change completely. Alex is not totally the loyal friend he has made himself out to be. In fact some would say he is a monster! Alex belong to a dark dangerous world, full of lies, and deceit.
Giselle's life ricochets from one dangerous situation to another. She tries to escape many times only to find herself in an even worse situation than before. Who can Giselle trust?  
Giselle seems to be being coerced, and blackmailed into doing things she really doesn't want to do. Alex and his family seem to think that she is part of an ancient prophecy. Giselle must carry Alex's child and the child will be the beginning of a newer race.
The book ends in a cliff hanger type of way. I would love to read more of this series and learn more about Giselle and what is going to happen to her and her family. Also the title Within The Shadows (Shadow World Novels) suggests more in the series to come...
I have purposely not said what type of "monster" Alex is, or what creatures are featured in the book.
I really don't want to say anymore as I feel you should discover the book as I did, by reading it yourself.
So did I enjoy it? Yes. Would I recommend it? Definitely Would I read more of this series? Yes please. Would I read more by Julieanne Lynch? Of course yes.

Available from Amazon.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment