Sunday 24 May 2015

SERIES PROMOTION - TANNER ZONE BY DENVER ACEY

Title: The Quantum Breach
Series: Tanner Zone
Author: Denver Acey
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Release Date: 10th June 2014

BLURB from Goodreads
The Quantum Breach is a story about Tanner Zane, an upstanding Mormon with a secret criminal past -- extensive computer hacking. When kidnappers force him to breach a top-security government facility, Tanner engages in an intense game of intellectual cat-and-mouse with his captors. This thrilling tale will change the way you reveal information online!


PURCHASE LINKS

Title: The Quantum Deception
Series: Tanner Zone
Author: Denver Acey
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Release Date: 10th March 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
What starts out as a calm night in Salt Lake City turns into chaos when a passenger plane crashes into the mountains. When reformed cyber hacker Tanner Stone links the accident to an ingenious Chinese computer virus, it’s up to him to prevent it from destroying the financial data of everyone in America! Thrilling, explosive, and packed with twists, this book changes everything you know about Internet security.

Goodreads Link


PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
Ironically, I never wanted to be a writer!  I got involved with writing because I wanted to dispel some of the myths I’ve seen on TV about computer hackers.  Working in the IT industry, I’ve seen hacking
firsthand, and it’s often not what is portrayed by Hollywood.

Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
Absolutely.  From the time I finished my draft until it got published was
about four years!

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
Yes, I work 40+ hours a week as a computer engineer.

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
I originally self-published my first two books, but they were later picked up by my publisher, Cedar Fort.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
My writing has gotten faster with my second and third book.  I can usually finish a draft manuscript in six months.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I have one more book in the series involving my protagonist, Tanner Stone.  I like the idea of have three books in a series.

What genre would you place your books into?
Cyber-thriller.

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
I’ve always been drawn to books in the action/thriller genre, especially books that mimic real life scenarios.

Where do you get your book plot ideas from?What/Who is your inspiration?
I get my plot ideas from my daily job.  I like to write about computer hacking scenarios I’ve witnessed in real life.

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?
Yes, I usually try to get a dozen or so people to proofread my manuscripts and give me honest feedback about the plot.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
My publisher chose the title.  I really like them, but I didn’t have much say.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
All the places in my books actually exist in real life.  For names, I flip through a phonebook and try to find names that sound like they fit my character.

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
I usually create a basic plot before, and then develop around that storyline.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Yes, many of the computer hacking scenarios I write about I’ve witnessed in real life.

Do you have a favorite genre of book?
I really enjoy thrillers or action/adventure novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment